I stumbled across an amazing article called “Five Types of Social Media Influencers.” While the Klout’x matrix covers 12 different types of influencers, Lisa Barone narrows these down to 5:
- “The networker (Social Butterfly): one who has the biggest contact list and found on all platforms. He or she who knows everybody and everybody knows him or her.
- The opinion leader (Thought Leader): one who can become the best ambassador of a brand. He or she has built a strong authority in his or her field by based on credibility. Their messages are most often commented on and retweeted.
- The discoverer (Trendsetter): one who is always the first to use a new platform. Constantly on the lookout for new trends, they become the “hub” in the sector.
- The sharer (Reporter): one who distributes information to the bloggers to journalists through the specialized webzines. He or she usually amplify messages.
- The user (Everyday Customer): one that represents the regular customer. He or she does not have a network as large as the networker, but his or her network remains equally important” (Source).
Which of Klout’s influencers do you most identify with? Which of Barone’s five influencers do you feel is most like you?